Josephine Mandamin hosted a conference call on Wednesday, February 15 to discuss the For the Earth and Water Walk – West to the East that will begin on April 19 or 20.
The raffle of the quilt is going well. There are still some squares available. Tell your friends! It looks like another quilt will be donated for a second raffle as well. Raffle info: www.facebook.com/FortheEarthandWaterWalk2017FromWesttoEast/
The route map is in progress. Joanne is working on putting dates to the seven significant stopping points and will discuss with Josephine.
For those who have volunteered to help with the Walk, here are some things that could use attention now:
• fundraising in communities and on social media
• donations of food and medical supplies along the route
• planning feasts at the seven stopoffs
• securing support services at stopoffs (lunches, places to stay, places to do laundry)
• could someone put on a FB auction similar to the one Christi Belcourt did?
Josephine is hoping that people from the Duluth area will be able to join the next conference call. Information would be welcome on:
• accommodations in Duluth or nearby for the Walkers
• possible events
There are two more conference calls planned.
Tuesday, March 7 at 4 PM Eastern
Wednesday, March 15 at 4 PM Eastern
Participant code: 35447530#
Essie, Lyz, Roxanne, and Sue, please let Josephine know if you can make either or both of these dates.